Sunday, April 17, 2011

Two of our favorite things

Once upon a time a beautiful 18 year old girl followed her
charming man out west.
He would get his learn on at BYU-I
She would fail miserably at focusing on anything besides him at U of U.
While on this adventure of love she would stumble across an amazing restaurant.
Cafe Rio
It would steal her away and he would be left broken hearted.
The End

Ok not exactly how it ended but it's kinda exciting that way.
When I was out west I fell in love with Cafe Rio.
And of course they are not anywhere near Indiana.
So when I came across a recipe claiming to taste like theirs I had to try it.
And it is 
AMAZING!
Disclaimer: It has been 6 years since I've had Cafe Rio.  So I don't really remember the exact taste.  I just know it tastes GOOD and I know that this recipe tastes GOOD.  So that's what I'm going on.
Oh you wanna know the best part about this recipe?
You make it in the crockpot!
LOVE

Now for the recipie.
3 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken
1 1/4 Cup Italian dressing
1 Tablespoon Chili powder
1 Tablespoon minced garlic (I usually don't put this much in.  Just play with it and see what you like)
Juice of 1 lime
1/4 Cup cilantro

Place chicken in slow cooker.  Pour dressing over chicken and sprinkle with chili powder and garlic.  Cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.  Remove the chicken from crockpot and shred using 2 forks.  Then put it back in the crockpot.  Cover and cook additional 30 minutes.  Add lime and chopped cilantro.  Mix together and let cook another 10 minutes.  Serve with nachos, burittos, quesadillas, taco salad , or whatever.  It's very versatile and great as a leftover.
 It's seriously HEAVEN.
So now that you have the perfect meal, you need the perfect drink.
Henry Weinhard's Root Beer or Cream Soda.
This here is some amazing Root Beer.
Creamy and Delicious.
This was part of a Christmas gift I made for all the guys in my family.
Seriously best guy gift ever.
I'll write a post about that later.
But if you want to find some yummy Root Beer to go with your chicken
make your way to Meijer.
They seriously have a huge selection of bottled sodas.

Hope you have an amazing meal, I know I am!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some comment love!