Saturday, April 30, 2011

I'm Back and a Mother's Day Gift

Well I am back from the craziness that has been my life lately.
At least I hope it's over.
Thank you for keeping my family in your thoughts and prayers.
You really don't know how much it means.
So Thank You.

Now back to the fun stuff.
I've had some ideas going around in my little brain
and I'm excited to get working on them.
Today I have a super cute Mother's Day gift idea.
(You could also make a teacher gift.  Next week is teacher appreciation week)
I made these for the Grandmas for Valentines Day.
All I will say is 
Huge Hit

So lets get started 
Supplies
Embossing gun/Heat gun (A really hot hair dryer might work.  I've never tried)
White tissue paper
White candle
Ink pad or markers
Wax paper
Scissors

You are going to start by put ink or marker on your child's finger then make 2 fingerprints on the tissue paper to make a heart.
I put their names under them and it would be cute to put the date too.
Now cut out around the picture.
The closer the better.
Take a piece of wax paper big enough to go around the candle.
Put the tissue paper where you want it on the candle
Then put the wax paper over it and pull tight in the back.
Run your heat gun back and forth for about 15 seconds or until you can no longer see the tissue paper.  
Try really hard not to burn yourself because it really hurts.
Not that I've done it or anything.
And when your done you will have a cute personalized candle.
Hope you a have a great weekend.


10 comments:

  1. That is adorable I want to do it. Must go get supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I just happened upon your blog and I LOVE IT! I'm adding you to my Google Reader ASAP! I think the kids and I are going to sit down and make a couple thumb print candles as well as the handprint flower bouquets for the grandmas for Mother's Day. Keep on being crafty and I'll keep swiping ideas! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I awarded you on my blog today:
    http://www.art4littlehands.com/2011/05/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh!!! This is simply adorable! What a clever idea and what a perfect gift!

    I would for you to link up to Kids Get Crafty (every Wednesday with and for kids) http://www.redtedart.com/2011/05/04/kids-get-crafty-loo-roll-monsters/ old posts welcome!

    Hope to see you there!

    Maggy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a GREAT idea!!! Visiting you from the Art for Little Hands blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi cutie! I featured this on my blog! SO SO CUTE! I hope it's ok! Have a great Mother's Day! Oh, if you want to grab a feature button from blog please do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Jennifer! I'm admiring all your creative posts here so can you please share them with us at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop? Hope to see you there at the party :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love too! I'll be seeing you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for posting this at my blog party! Be sure to play again with me tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Show me some comment love!