Wednesday, December 7, 2011

It only took a year...

Well this week I've been loving on my little sicko.
He's been down and out for 3 days now and his only request is to be held.
24 hours a day.
This is one of those times when I wish my little guy wasn't chunky
because my arms are ready to fall off!
But don't get me wrong I love the cuddle time because my baby is becoming independent way to fast.
So we've read a lot of books.
And colored a lot of pictures.
But most of the time we just cuddled.
And there's not a picture of that because
well no one wants to see what I've looked like the last 3 days.

Now what I've really been wanting to show you is one of Ava's Christmas presents.
I thought of this idea about a year ago,
bought all the stuff to make it about 6 months ago,
and finally got around to making it in the last few weeks.
 I know it's sad but that's how things work around here.
But after a year in the making here is her tutu bedskirt!
Ok so a few things.
First I really think it was worth the wait.
And I realize she really needs a comforter that matches her room.
Hopefully that will be solved sometime soon.
But I'm really loving it!

It's really not that hard to make either.
All you need is LOTS of tulle and a piece of PVC pipe.

Cut the pvc to the length of the bed.
Then cut your tulle and tie it around the pvc just like you would for a tutu skirt.
If your not sure how to do it there are tutorials all over the web.
Just use my friend google and he'll help you out.
When your pipe is covered you want to place 2 screws on the ends of the bed but only screw them in half way.
Then you can put the pipe over the screws and that will help hold it in place.
So it would look like this.
Does that make sense?
If not let me know and I'll get some pictures of it.
Here it is tucked down where it would go.


Mine's not put together yet because it's for Christmas.

I'm SOOOO excited to show Ava.
Now I just have to finish her tutu skirt
and a million other Christmas presents.
Are you ready for Christmas yet???


Linking up to


6 comments:

  1. Oh, I agree...worth the wait! I LOVE IT! I'm going to put this on my facebook page if that's ok and then I will feature it on Monday night! So grab a button! Thanks for linking up to my party!

    Kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am ready for Christmas (kind of). I am NOT ready for the hustle and bustle but I am ready for spending time with family! THe tutu bedspread is ADORABLE!! I wish I had more time to be crafty like you. I hope Mason starts feeling better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. my. gosh. How adorable is that?! I love it! I would have LOVED to have one of those as a little girl...even now I think it's too cute. Thanks for sharing at Shine on Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Sometimes I like to go sit in her room and feel like a princess :)

      Delete
  4. I am going to make a bassinet skirt with the same theme from tulle.just cut pieces and tie them to a measured piece of elastic.shoulf be beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Show me some comment love!