Monday, May 23, 2011

Pretzel Art

Whew has life been crazy lately.
Braeden's out of school
Baseball and Soccer are in full swing
and Mason decided to start crawling and pulling himself to stand in the same day!
I really should have babyproofed ahead of time.

But today we are trying to get into a new summer routine.
I'm going to try and do some kind of craft with the kids every day.
This craft is also a snack so awesome double duty!

I started by making pretzel dough in the bread maker.
But then I left the room to put Mason in bed
and came back to this...
So tip number one would be to not leave the flour on the table! lol
So after we had our pretzel dough ready we rolled it out into strips.

And then I let the kids get creative making the pretzels into any shape they wanted.
We ended up with snakes and flowers and balls and butterflies and so much more!
 They actually asked to make more dough when we finally ran out.
Now that's success.
Just brush with egg whites and water and sprinkle with kosher salt.
Bake then enjoy.


2 comments:

  1. Oh how fun! Brilliant. We love pretzels but have never made any! I think we will this weekend!

    Thank you again for stopping by at Kids Get Crafty!

    Maggy

    ReplyDelete

Show me some comment love!