Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Teamwork!

Every once in awhile I come across a project that I want to do and Reed jumps in is forced to help me out.
This was one of those projects.
I've been wanting a shelf for my living room for awhile but I didn't want to spend the money to buy one and if I was going to make it, it had to be super easy or it wouldn't get finished.
Confession: I sometimes think I'm more awesome than I really am and take on projects I can't figure out.
But I found this shelf here.
It has awesome instructions and it really wasn't hard at all.
We did tweek it a little.
We didn't put the trim on the bottom and I think we used smaller crown molding then they used.
Reed and I are seriously beginners at this type of stuff so I'm sure you can do it too.
We hung it up and I LOVE IT!!!!
The pictures of my cute kids don't hurt either.
I don't have all of my pictures yet and I'm going to paint some of the frames but I'm pretty impressed with me and my hubby.
Now I need to come up with a saying to put across the bottom in vinyl.
I've got some ideas but I'm not sure yet.
Feel free to give me some imput!
Now excuse me I have to get back to looking at my shelf :)

1 comment:

  1. Awesome job!! That looks great!! You need a family saying for sure! When I am looking for something like that I just google "Family quotes" and can usually find something I like!!

    ReplyDelete

Show me some comment love!