Monday, January 2, 2012

Just A Super Quick Lunch

 I don't know if you're obsessed with Pinterest like I am
but if you are maybe you've seen this genius idea.
I hate fixing lunch.
It's on the list with drying my hair, changing diapers, and being cold
and those things are no where near the top of my fun things to do list.
However, I do like to eat.
Most days it's just me and Mason home for lunch and most days I find myself just making him something and skipping it for myself.
Not anymore people!

Enter ready made salads.
And I mean ready.
Better then the Wendy's open the dressing and put it on ready.
Say hello to Mr. Salad in a jar.
One reason I don't make a lot of salads is because there are so many ingredients.
I mean I can't be opening and closing all kinds of jars
(Sorry for my little Brian Regan reference.  If you haven't heard of him you should look him up. Funny funny stuff)
Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is if I can have lunch made in 1 minute then why not do it!
Here's the deal with this.
You put your dressing in the bottom of the jar.
Then add you're other ingredients.
I have red onion, mushrooms, tomatoes, and then lettuce.
It doesn't matter what you put in as long as the dressing and lettuce don't touch.
And if you're going to do croutons you probably don't want them touching the dressing either.
These will last for about 3-4 days.
So I made a few for me and Reed on Saturday and we'll be good to go for a few days.
Mmmm doesn't that look delish.
If you're trying to be a little more healthy in 2012 maybe this could help you out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some comment love!